These are the generations of Shem. When Shem was 100 years old, he fathered Arpachshad two years after the flood. And Shem lived after he fathered Arpachshad 500 years and had other sons and daughters.
(in order of mention from sermon)
Last Time We Learned…
- That because God is there, we are able to know.
- That God’s knowledge is far above ours in every way.
- That there is a continuity of thought between God and ourselves.
Things to Learn About My Own Walk with God this Week…
- That Biblical Genealogies makes much more sense when you learn why they are there.
- That the genealogy of Genesis 11 is about God choosing and working through individuals.
- That the individual God chooses will always be the right one.
The whole counsel of God concerning all things necessary for His own Glory, man’s salvation, faith, and life, is either expressly set down in Scripture, or by good and necessary consequence may be deduced from Scripture: unto which nothing at any time is to be added …” 1
1 Westminster Confession of Faith, Chapter I, Article VI (Emphasis Mine)