These are the clans of the sons of Noah, according to their genealogies, in their nations, and from these the nations spread abroad on the earth after the flood.
(in order of mention from sermon)
Last Time We Learned…
- That God does not think of nations the way that we do.
- That understanding sin and cursing leads to giving more glory to Christ.
- That faulty human presuppositions can completely alter the meaning of words.
Things to Learn About My Own Walk with God this Week…
- That God’s sovereign plan is shown in Japheth’s sons’ mention in prophecy.
- That even God’s enemies exist under God’s sovereign hand?
- That God allowed a line of close relations that contains some who were not faithful
The whole counsel of God concerning all things necessary for His own Glory, man’s salvation, faith, and life, is either expressly set down in Scripture, or by good and necessary consequence may be deduced from Scripture: unto which nothing at any time is to be added …” 1
1 Westminster Confession of Faith, Chapter I, Article VI (Emphasis Mine)