“Woe to him who strives with him who formed him, a pot among earthen pots! Does the clay say to him who forms it, ‘What are you making?’ or ‘Your work has no handles’?
(in order of mention from sermon)
Things We Learned Last Week…
- That trusting God in all circumstances will always lead to good for those who love Christ.
- That believers must wait on God’s revelation to act.
- That God’s decrees give believer’s our only real hope.
Things to Learn About My Own Walk with God this Week…
- That trusting God must extend to every area of a believer’s life.
- That God’s sovereignty touches everything in life.
- That God’s sovereignty goes far beyond just His people.
Norma Normans non Normata – “The Norm of Norms That Is Not Normed” This is the principle the Scripture is the measure of truth, and when interpreted correctly, cannot be corrected by any other source.
The whole counsel of God concerning all things necessary for His own Glory, man’s salvation, faith, and life, is either expressly set down in Scripture, or by good and necessary consequence may be deduced from Scripture: unto which nothing at any time is to be added …” 1
1 Westminster Confession of Faith, Chapter I, Article VI (Emphasis Mine)